About School Direct
Chorlton High School continues to build on its success as an outstanding ITT provider by leading & developing the MTSA School Direct course. School Direct enables graduates to develop close links with local schools as well as receiving academic and University support whilst training to teach at Primary or Secondary level. Please see the Manchester Teaching School Alliance website for details on the UCAS application process
Why choose MTSA School Direct?
- Innovative training models to develop resilient, successful & fulfilled professionals who make a difference
- Structured input on pedagogy with leading Universities
- Outstanding support from highly trained mentors
- Trainee networks & collaborative learning opportunities
- Placements in Manchester Schools
Our Initial Teacher Training Vision:
We will change lives by developing passionate, inspiring, energetic & outstanding professionals who are:
- Dedicated to relentlessly pursuing success for our children
- Resilient, caring, emotionally intelligent role models
- Lifelong learners fulfilling their own potential
What makes us unique?
- Alliance training sessions uniting a large trainee network across Manchester regularly throughout the course
- Training from Outstanding practitioners working in inner city contexts
- Formal collaboration opportunities with other trainees to engage in research & development of your classroom practice
- Cross phase training experiences throughout the course (KS1- 5)
- Outstanding mentors supporting every aspect of your professional development
- Residential training experience developing your emotional resilience, mindfulness and happiness
Vacancies for September 2018 at Chorlton High School:
UCAS Training Provider Code: 1JR
|Training Programme Title||Training Programme Code|
|Art & Design||2W6C|
|Design & Technology: Food & Textiles||338L|
|Design & Technology: Resistant Materials||338K|
|Modern Languages: French||2WKT|
|Modern Languages: Spanish||2BKJ|
|Science: Physics with Mathematics||2W6J|
School Direct entry requirements can be found in the downloads box on the right.
To apply for a place you will need to visit the UCAS website
For support with your application please click here.
If you have any queries about School Direct please contact Catherine Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
School Direct Entry Requirements
WHAT DO OUR SCHOOL DIRECT TRAINEES SAY?
Our Associate Teachers are lifelong learners who want to fulfill their potential both in the classroom and in their professional development. Our current trainees all have varied backgrounds. Some had previously been employed as Teaching Assistants within a school before coming to train, others came straight from university, and others were career-changers who had worked in another field before training to teach. We have applications from mature students, from those who have worked overseas, people who have had a career break and from candidates who were relocating to the Manchester area.