The Green Room is on the school site and offers a high quality, spacious and modern learning environment for our students both during the school day and as a study centre after hours.
Staffed by a highly experienced and enthusiastic team, the Green Room offers personalised learning opportunities for students from all year groups to raise their academic attainment and engagement in learning.
The bespoke Green Room curriculum delivered to our students has proved to be extremely successful in raising standards, not only in terms of academic success, but also attendance, punctuality and focus on learning and progress.
Successful interventions include:
- Supporting Year 7 students with their transition to High School
- Providing Year 8 students with a ‘boost’ in their EBACC subjects prior to embarking upon GSCE courses in Year 9
- Offering opportunities for students to improve their self esteem through educational visits and presentations from external providers
- Activities designed to improve skills that can be used to support lifelong learning
- Identifying underachievement and implementing a bespoke curriculum to ensure students meet their target grades
- Offering specialist academic support for Key Stage 4 students to ensure they meet their predicted grades.
- Providing students with a supportive environment in which to sit external examinations
- Offering after school revision sessions, structured work space and enrichment activities.
- Offering additional on line GCSE courses to students to supplement their current qualifications
- Providing short term bespoke pastoral care packages for individual students