Is your child eligible for a free school meal?
Please see information below that will help determine if a child is eligible for a free school meal. To apply or find out more information, please contact:
The Benefits Service
PO Box 3
Manchester M15 5BA
Telephone: 0161 234 5003
The school will be notified when an application for a free school meal has been made and we will be able to provide free school meals for a short period whilst the claim is being assessed. If the claim is approved then the child will receive free school meals on an ongoing basis whilst the parent(s) remain eligible.
- Your child must be at school (not a day nursery or children's centre)
- Your child must live with you and be your responsibility
You must also get:
- Income Support, or
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, or
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance, or
- The guaranteed part of Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax credit
You can also claim free school meals if you are an asylum seeker.