Are you interested in a career teaching Physics or Maths?
Do you want to gain an insight into the teaching profession and secure school experience in a dedicated Teaching School?
Consider applying for our four-week paid teaching internship!
Chorlton High School is delighted to announce its Physics and Maths Internship Programme. We are inviting up to 12 undergraduates, wishing to gain more knowledge and experience of teaching, to undergo a four-week paid internship.
This Internship will enable applicants to secure the classroom experience required to apply for Teacher Training for 2019 entry. The scheme is funded by the Department for Education. Interns will be recompensed at the rate of £300 per week (total £1200).
Interns will have the opportunity to work with STEM teachers at various stages of their career, from Newly Qualified Teachers who have trained within our Alliance to Specialist Leaders of Education. You will also have a dedicated Physics or Maths mentor and the have the opportunity to work within departments who have a passion for teaching STEM. These teachers will show you the opportunities of progression that are available to enthusiastic and inspirational practitioners.
This programme gives Interns a real opportunity to gain quality teaching experience. You will receive both subject knowledge and pedagogy training and will have the opportunity to put this into practice. We also have a range of exciting whole school opportunities that you will be involved in – including bespoke quality CPD and the rich extra-curricular provision at Chorlton High School.
Manchester Teaching School Alliance will guarantee a School Direct interview to all interns who successfully complete the internship and have the required academic qualifications for a place for 2019 entry. Interviews will take place at Chorlton High School- the host school for secondary school-led route into teaching.
Chorlton High School invests heavily in Initial Teacher Training and we have a large community of alumni working within our school or in the south Manchester area. This opportunity to welcome STEM undergraduates as Interns is especially exciting at the time with the opening of our new school CHS South in September 2018.
- Passionate about a career in teaching Physics or Maths
- In your penultimate undergraduate year (graduation in summer 2019); studying a subject that would enable you to teach maths or physics (50% is generally needed in your first degree. For example, maths, physics, engineering, other natural sciences).
- Hold GCSE A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent
- Consent to a Disclosure and Barring Service and Referencing Checks. These posts are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
- Be available for the full period Monday 18th June – Friday 13th July 2018
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.