Home learning Structure
Years 7 & 8
- English & Maths: weekly
- Science, French & Spanish: 3 times a half term
- All other subjects: a half termly project
Years 9 - 11
- English & Maths: weekly
- Science and option subjects: every two weeks
Doddle is a new online teaching and learning resource for students at CHS that will replace Frog learn as an online homework system. Doddle allows students to access and complete their homework online and it also has a bank of learning and revision materials that students can access at any time.
Doddle can be accessed at www.doddlelearn.co.uk
Student usernames are set up as follows:
- Year 7 example (joebloggs16)
- Year 8 example (sarahobrien15)
- Year 9 example (ahmedchoudry14)
- Year 10 example (myloedwards13)
- Year 11 example (shanicthompson12)
Students will be given their passwords in form time. Students can change their password when they first log in. If a student forgets their password all members of staff are able to access or re-set passwords. Alternatively, students can go to Student Services.
Computer access is available every night after school in F52 (Doddle Club) and F13 (Homework Support) and the library. There are staff available at each venue to support students with their learning and it also provides the opportunity for students to work collaboratively and develop positive learning habits.
A Doddle parents' fact sheet is available to download here.
Doddle Helpline - 01865 208440 / email@example.com
GCSEPOD is an online resource that provides high quality, focused learning in a unique 'Pod' format across 21 popular GCSE subjects, and filtered by exam boards. The podcasts can be viewed on a computer or tablet at www.gcsepod.com and they can also be downloaded and saved onto a phone. This is an excellent resource for supporting student revision and boosting classroom attainment.
What is FROG?
Our VLE is a fantastic learning platform, that is accessed over the internet to support Teaching and Learning in school. All of our staff and students have a personal ‘log on’ which then gives access to their own customisable homepage or “dashboard”. This can be accessed at school, at home or on the move using mobile devices.
Our VLE log in page can be found at the following website address https://chorltonhigh.org.uk
We recommend that students and parents log on using Internet Explorer or, if using a MAC, Google Chrome.
How can FROG beneﬁt our students?
FROG can be used by our students in many ways to:
- Access their timetable and a personal dashboard
- Obtain exam arrangement information throughout the year
- Access and upload work to their FROG drive, where they can store and transfer electronic work between school and home
- Collaborate on projects
- Access the Digital Safety portal to find out how to stay safe online
- Listen to music, podcasts and video clips
- Celebrate their work and achievements