The Admissions Policy for Chorlton High School is available to download from this page.
Revised Admission Arrangements from September 2015
The Governing Body of Chorlton High School is the Admission Authority for Chorlton High School and as such is required to draft, consult on and determine the admission arrangements for the school.
The Governing Body of Chorlton High School is committed to comprehensive education and works in close partnership with Manchester Local Authority's (LA) Coordinated Admissions Scheme.
Where there are more applicants than places available the LA will apply the oversubscription criteria in order to decide which applicants will be offered places. Our oversubscription criteria is as follows:
- Category 1 - children who are looked after by a Local Authority and children who were previously looked after by a Local Authority. Previously looked after children are children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order)
- Category 2 - children with exceptional medical/social needs
- Category 3 - children with a sibling at the school
- Category 4 – all other children
Copies of admission arrangements for all schools/academies in Manchester can be found on the school/academy website and the LA's website. They are also available on request from the relevant school/academy and the LA.
These admission arrangements apply to applicants seeking a place in Year 7 up to Year 11 at Chorlton High School, Manchester.
Should you wish to discuss this information in more detail or require further clarification, please contact either:
- The school’s Admissions Officer, Ms McHale on 0161 882 1161
- The Manchester LA School Admissions Team on 0161 245 7166 by email email@example.com or in writing at School Admissions Team, Manchester City Council, 2nd Floor, Town Hall Extension, Albert Square, Manchester M60 2LA